Thursday, September 25, 2014

Full Term!

With only 14 days left of being a family of 3 we had our final growth ultrasound this week before we finally get to meet our fourth member! With the overwhelming mommy-guilt I've been feeling for journaling way more for baby number 1 than with baby number 2, I wanted to catch up on little man's progress:



Total gestation thus far: January 10th-September 26th (Yes, I've been pregnant practically all of 2014. ALL. YEAR. people!)

Estimated due date: October 17th. Scheduled a repeat C-section (first c-section was an "emergency" c--section, not elective) for October 10th after our doctor expressed concern over a greater possibility of a uterine rupture during labor/natural delivery given the pregnancies being VERY close together. He could, of course, come any day but I have a feeling he will stay put til the 10th. 

Total weight gain: 15 pounds. The baby bump is measuring just right for 37 weeks- though I only can fit into about 4 outfits... And one of those is my robe, because, yeah, I count that as an outfit now #pregnantproblems

My measurements: As of my last appointment I'm at -2, 25% effaced, and a measly 1/2cm dilated (I don't really want to explain these, but I know all my veteran mommies and nurses understand)

NSTs: (Non Stress Tests) bi-weekly, standard protocol at my OBs office for all "high-risk" pregnancies. I did the same thing with Rowan. Everything has been looking GREAT so far! 

Contractions: OH YEAH. Plenty.

Movement: Always. He is a lot "lower" than Rowan ever was so there is much less baby-feet-in-ribs discomfort which I am very grateful for :) 

Cravings: peanut butter (as always), peppermint patties (Palmer brand!), Taco Bell (we never eat fast food- like NEVER- but it's my pregnancy weakness! In fact, I think Rob "agreed" to a second baby because he knew he could get some TBell out of the pregnancy. PS their new $1 menu is off. the. hook.) PPS I also eat plenty of fruits and veggies so don't worry, Grandma... I know you're reading this! Hehe!

Baby: measuring 6 pounds 5oz (estimated), right about the 40th percentile. His AFI (fluid) measured a whopping 22.6- so, yeah, those kidneys are working like iron horses and we are THRILLED about it!

Name: Not telling this time! Both times we shared our thoughts on names it was a decision we both immediately regretted. Lesson learned- we'll be officially naming him after he's born. I will say we have it narrowed down to a handful of names and we're waiting to see what he looks like before giving him a name.

Ultrasound Pic: One (sort of) upside to having a complicated pregnancy is getting LOTS of ultrasound pictures! Here is our last one: we think he looks like a grumpy old man! Hahaha! He wasn't very cooperative (shocker! neither of my babies are) but the ultrasound tech said we for sure know he has "a lot of cheek and he's very smushed in there" ... Very technical stuff, right?! ;) the bottom pic is his foot



Well, that's all for now! More pictures coming soon ;) 

Xox
Riley 


No comments:

Post a Comment