Tuesday, June 4, 2013

37 weeks.

almost there!
but, losing steam on the blogging front.

I've been so busy living life, trying to enjoy the last few moments of my pregnancy, and preparing for our little one.

like making homemade baby wipes: http://www.thenewlighterlife.com/homemade-baby-wipes/

& making/freezing meals to make life a little easier while figuring out how to care for our newborn: http://www.marthastewart.com/351778/vegetable-enchiladas



37 week BUMP picture &  Rob "practicing" using the car seat. hahahaa
Rearranging/decorating the apartment has also taken a back seat to the more pressing tasks at hand - it's under construction/a work in progress, as usual.

That's okay though, because what makes a home a home is the people you share it with, right?
& I fall deeper in love with my roomies every day :)

To be clear, we started this blog because we were starting so many new chapters of life all at once... so far away from our friends and family. It was a way for us to creatively share our experiences and, really, a fun way for me to journal this time in our lives. In the beginning, I said I would only try this blogging thing for as long as I liked it and wanted to do it. When it started feeling like I was obligated, I slowed down a bit.

We'll for sure be sharing the last few weeks (or days!) of the pregnancy & the birth story for purposes of completion. We're unsure if we'll continue after that. While I'd love to share those precious moments with my baby girl with you all, I'm more concerned with living them with her. Ya know? For those of you who really know the situation, she really is a miracle. And I want to make sure I don't miss a second of those fleeting moments. 


Anyways,

At my NST yesterday, my BP was elevated and I almost passed out on the table. I literally had a nurse fan me with a People magazine. Thankfully, the test still indicated a very active and healthy baby! Since I am considered full term, and this being a high risk pregnancy because of history of transplantation, the stress on the kidney is the main concern since she could safely be delivered at any moment. If at my next NST on Thursday by BP is still elevating, my OB is going to consult with my Nephrologist and discuss scheduling an induction. We've been so blessed this far with such a smooth pregnancy; we trust our team of doctors here who have taken great care of us :) 


THANK YOU to all those who have kept our little family in your thoughts and prayers throughout the pregnancy. Please continue to pray we all make it through delivery happily & healthily.
with no pain. ;) I'll be clenching my pink rosary in one hand and probably breaking Rob's hand with the other..

Cravings: key lime everythinggg

it is practically summer, you know!

so yummy! you gotta try!

Misses: my people

my mommy, my family, my friends. I will survive, and we sure love being our own little family out here in VA, but it sure would be nice to have some company during this time

xox
   Riley



No comments:

Post a Comment