Monday, May 27, 2013

36 weeks.

We'll get to the big 3-6 in a minute...


Right now I'd like to focus on 27.

Happy 27th Birthday to my husband, my best friend, the love of my life, father of my daughter, the taker out of the trash, the snorer, the jokester, the best man in the whole wide world! I'm so glad you're mine.


photo cred: Through Her Looking-Glass Photography


I won't get all mushy here, I have a card for him with all that kind of stuff.

TODAY IS ROB'S GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!!!
27 on the 27th.


This weekend we spent a lot of time eating out and about. Per Rob's request, we took a day trip over to Charlottesville and went to a couple of our favorite restaurants, and explored a few more wineries and breweries.

First we went to The Shebeen Pub & Braii. It's THE COOLEST South African Pub. The place is just brilliant. The food is amazing. So different. So tasty. So well done!
I couldn't have the Key Lime Pie Martini like I did last time (which is to die for) but I'm already planning a trip back in the fall to enjoy that!


Lord have mercy this food is AMAZE!


Then we went off to Starr Hill brewery just outside the city. Rob wanted to check it out and do a tasting. The outside of the building was... shady. Inside, the place was hoppin' and Rob really enjoyed the beer. I really enjoyed the water. It's always good to support your local brewers! It's really cool to see local guys doing what they love. You should check one out near you!



Starr Hill Brewery

Next we headed out to Blenheim Vineyards. We've been out on the VA wine trails before but somehow missed this gem the past couple times. This particular winery is owned by Dave Matthews of the Dave Matthews Band, a Charlottesville, Virginia native. The place was GORGEOUS. It had an amazing view of the vineyards and mountains in the distance. Rob did a wine tasting here, too and said the wine was some of the best, ever. Next time we're in the area I'm packing a picnic and posting up here for the day. I did not want to leave!







this ham loves to model



On our way back into Charlottesville city center, we stumbled upon Trump Vineyards.. a mere half mile from Blenheim. We just wanted to stop in and see the property since Rob had already done a tasting of their wines at the Fork n Cork a few weeks ago. Boy, were we glad we stopped! The place was very quaint, very clean. and had a stunning view of the mountains. I was expecting it to be some big, overdone, estate but was pleasantly surprised at how well done everything was. Nice, but understated. Just a beautiful setting & good Virginia wine, or so I hear -_-

    


gorgeous view!



Dinner was served at The Virginian. Our second favorite Cville restaurant after Shebeen. The food is just SO good. If you're in the area and want to stop in, it's practically right across the street from the Rotunda on UVA campus. Order the stumble down mac n cheese. Thank me later.



crab cake sammie & fried chicken. welcome to the south.
Wow, it looks like all we did was eat & drink. ACCURATE.
minus the drinking, for me, obviously.

Overall, the birthday boy had a great weekend complete with German Chocolate Cake and, since it just so happens to be Memorial Day, the day off!

He is used to sharing his birthday with the holiday and always makes an effort to take time and pray for those who this day is all about. Thank you, Armed Forces your families for all your sacrifices. Thank you especially, to those in our own families who have served and sacrificed! We are so grateful.
God Bless You.

onto baby things...

36 and I am tired.

And ready for this little girl to be here already!

The full moon did not induce labor as I was hoping, but I have been having plenty of Braxton Hicks.

Twice-weekly NSTs are still going great. We had a 36 week growth ultrasound and finally got some 4D imaging. Biggest surprise? This little girl looks like her DADDY! She still has a few more weeks to cook so hopefully there's a little time for my genes to kick in ;) JOKING.
**green eyes green eyes green eyes**
She weighs in at an estimated 6.5 pound already and has some pretty chubby cheeks!



our sweet girl at 36 weeks.

She always kicks when Rob is close to me, like she can feel his presence or something. Whenever he puts his hand on my belly she starts to kick, almost like she's saying 'hi'. It is the weirdest, sweetest thing. Rob loves it, of course. He can't wait to meet his little girl. He even calls her his 'princess' ... so I guess that makes me the Queen ;)

Cravings: Chocolate.

Lots of it. hence, the German Chocolate Cake for "Rob's birthday" ;)

Misses: Wine

Can a girl get a glass of Pinot, please?

xox
   Riley



No comments:

Post a Comment