Thursday, September 18, 2014

Rowan's Playlist

Now that our daily routine is in for a little mix-up with the pending arrival of baby boy, I wanted to journal our days while they are just mommy-daughter quality time. But set it to music!

We listen to music mostly all day everyday- but different music for different times of day. I can pretty much tell what time it is by what song is playing.

Wake Up: we mostly listen to Sam Cooke, Classical Piano, & Traditional Worship Hymns (think be thou my vision & come thou fount...nothing contemporary). Some days I need a little something to get me going if I'm a little slow getting breakfasts and Rob's lunch together and need a 'pump-up' so I use my Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout Pandora station.

Morning Play Session: Disney Radio, Sound of Music soundtrack, sing alongs, etc.

Daily Errands: I have two CDs in my little civic- Elvis Presely "The Essentails" & Gavin DeGraw's "Chariot". So unless we are listening to NPR, we are listening to one of those.

Nap time: She falls asleep to Spirit FM playing very softly on her radio

Afternoon Play Session: This time of day I tend to drag a little bit so we need a little energy. Our go-to jams are Annie Lennox "walking on broken glass" and Queen "don't stop me now" (yes, Queen.. Judge me). 

Dinner: Sam Cooke or Phil Collins Radio, typically. 

Evening: this is a wild card-- anything goes.

Bed Time: She typically falls asleep to Piano lullabies, Notre Dame Lullabies CD or Spirt FM's "Delilah". Her favorite lullabies are "Edelweiss", "Come thou fount", and "Be thou my vision"

Then Rob and I listen to the sweet sweet sound of silence ;)

Xo
Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment