Thursday, April 4, 2013

29 weeks.

It's official: I can no longer zip my jeans.
Not loving the feeling, but reminding myself it's only temporary.
Thank goodness for the belly band, leggings, yoga pants, pajama pants, nighties, maxi dresses, and all other forgiving articles of clothing :)

Our OB appointment went well this week. We had our growth ultrasound and Rowan is measuring perfectly!  God is so good. She is unready positioned with her head on my bladder and her bottom in my ribs - which is really comfortable- for her. She is also estimated to weigh in at about 3.1 pounds. The ultrasound technician tried for about 10 minutes to get a cute picture of her for us to take home; but as usual, she was not in the mood for pictures and would not cooperate :/ At around 32 weeks we will have another growth ultrasound where they can use 4D technology to get a better look at her features! We can't wait to see who she looks like. Rob predicts she has a "button" nose like me. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes she has green eyes! We won't know that for a while even after she's born - but that's my only superficial hope. Other than that we're praying she's a happy, healthy little girl.

I have packed on 12 pounds in total pregnancy weight gain (feels like 30lbs with this protruding belly!) with about 8-10 weeks to go. Of course, I always have an appointment weigh in after big family get-togethers where I pig out on all the yummy food. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I ordered Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred from Amazon in preparation for post baby work outs! It was part of my birthday gift... to myself.

bring it on!
This week we took an infant CPR class at our birthing center. It was just us an one other couple for an hour of instruction. The class was decent and we practiced pushes and breaths on a little baby doll - which made us feel a little silly - but we feel that much more prepared to care for our baby. 

Rob & "franken-baby" - see the screws in his neck?
see the resemblance? ha!
We go back to the birthing center for our weekend "prepared childbirth class" the first weekend of May. Then the next time we go back will be to bring little Rowan into the world!

We are excited. nervous. scared. anxious. 
blessed.

Cravings: Chocolate Covered Nuts

mostly peanuts & almonds

Misses: Wearing my regular jeans

:( I never thought I would miss wearing real pants. I guess it is just the fact that I couldn't even if I wanted.

xox
    Riley


No comments:

Post a Comment