Thursday, April 25, 2013

32 weeks.

That's EIGHT full months of pregnancy. EIGHT. 

She'll be here before we know it! We still have so much to do in so little time! 

  • work on the nursery
  • take a birthing class
  • figure out the car seat
  • meet with pediatrician 
  • get a quality camera (to capture those moments that pass too quickly!)
etc., etc.


Luckily, we have had PLENTY of help preparing for our little one. All our families and friends have shared in our excitement and given us all kinds of clothes, diapers, medicines, bath items, gift cards, nursery furniture, music, toys, books, good advice, guidance, and so so SO much more.

In fact, my co-workers and friends in Virginia SURPRISED me with an adorable baby shower this weekend. I really was not expecting it at all - I showed up in my sweatpants -_- Eileen had asked if Rob and I would come babysit the kids for an hour or so while she and her husband ran to do some errands. I was all ready to go when Rob said:

"Um, I want to take you some place after we're done watching the kids... could you put on some real clothes?"

Quite A little perturbed, I replied: 

"This is all I fit into, I'm going to get spit up on anyways, and I don't need to hear it from you that I cannot zip up my jeans, okay?"

Ouch. Sorry, Love. 

It turns out, he was just looking out for me - and I should have listened. I was prettttty embarrassed being the guest of honor at the party in stretch pants and a t-shirt. Oops! It didn't ruin the time though, the ladies were glad I was comfortable and we had a great time. I cannot believe Rob knew about it and didn't spill the beans/I didn't find out. Rowan was, of course, spoiled again - and so was I. We are so blessed. 
Thank you, ladies!

so cute!

beautiful set up

The second highlight of the week was my successful trip to TJ Maxx! I found all these things for under $20! That basket included! I am so excited for those fresh herbs to start growing! They look so cute on our window sill - will post pictures when there's something to see :)


Maxxinista 

We have our weekly OB appointment tomorrow - including our 32 week ultrasound with the possibility of a 4D picture! We are SO excited. Praying we continue to get good news and a sneak peak at what she looks like.

It's incredible how much she has developed at this point. If she were born right now, although premature, she would most likely do very well! 
You can read up on babies at 32 weeks here, if you feel like it :)

Cravings: Cheese & Chocolate Cake & Citrus

Not together, though.

It's that time of year again: warmer weather = lemon & lime flavored treats!

( key lime bars <3 )

Yeah, remember when I made that "nightmare" chocolate cake from scratch... buttermilk, double layered, ganache frosted, etc... It's all gone :) Now I'm looking for a good brownie recipe...

Misses: Wine

The Blacksburg Fork and Cork is this weekend and I SO BADLY want to participate! Wineries from all over Virginia (Including Trump) come and you can do tastings and eat yummy appetizers and have all sorts of fun. Not Sober Sally over here- but I'll go for the food :)

xox
   Riley




P.S. my girl is already gearing up for football season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment