Friday, April 26, 2013

April Pinspiration

I am a self-proclaimed Pinterest addict. 

Like many girls, I find all kinds of great style and design ideas, recipes, craft/DIY ideas, articles, book suggestions, party ideas, organizational tips, exercises, gift ideas, words of wisdom, etc.

I often browse through my own pin boards to get inspired and work on something that had sparked my interest: a new recipe, a mantra for the week, a simple craft, a neat design, or just something that makes me smile. 

I have decided to share some of my favorite pins of the month in a monthly Top 10 list. 
Here's hoping you get a little inspired, too :)

Here are my Top 10 April Pins:



Audrey. The Woman. The Legend.
I cannot get enough. She is so much more than the trendy, college, Breakfast at Tiffany's poster.
More than the impeccable style icon.
A real lady & role model of class.


 These represent me: where I'm at right now in life, style, &  perspective.

1. Paris: The memories I hold so dear to my heart. This beautiful walkway and building remind me of my special time in the city & that any place can be a palace - even a little apartment in Virginia - if you can appreciate the beauty and blessings in your own life. ( It also helps if you're in love <3)  Doing what we can, where we are, with what we have to the best of our abilities has been such a journey. We are proud of our little life.

2. Audrey. At it again. Maybe I'm watching Roman Holiday & My Fair Lady too much. I just love this quote. I couldn't agree more. I have always valued a great sense of humor. Luckily, laughs are frequent in our home as we figure out marriage and prepare for our baby. Blessed to have married my very best friend. 

3. I am just in love with this Jen Aniston look right now. I dig the long, dirty blonde locks and subtle tan. I love the bare neck and sweetheart neckline with the statement earrings. Simple. Sexy. Style. It also serves as post-baby work out inspiration!  

4. Precious baby girl! And ruffles! As I prepare for impending motherhood, the excitement continues to climb at the anticipation of finally meeting her!  I imagine her with such grace and innocence - a true dream come true. I am not naive of the inescapable years of dirty diapers and sleep deprivation, I just want to make sure to get the most out of those special moments that pass so quickly.


These represent my style and design inspirations this month. 

1. Sigh. Champagne. I miss you. I miss you making me feel sophisticated. But I really love the neutrals and lace with gold & bright pastel accents. 

2. Love the simple, feminine, fresh look of this living room. Love exposed brick. Love the crisp, white, trim. Love the soft pinks and purples. Love the stack of Cupcakes & Cashmere on the table. Got mine in the mail a few weeks ago and adore her. Anyways, I am keeping this look in mind as we work on Rowan's nursery.

3. Flowers. I never thought I'd have faux flowers in my home, but, alas. Luckily, I've been able to find some quality silk flowers to make our home a little spring-y. Hydrangeas are shaping up to be a favorite of mine: reasonable cost, full bodied, soft & elegant. 

4. Anchors. I really like the symbolism of the anchor. & of course, I love my little ship chick at ND.
I would put an anchor on everything if I could.



This applies to all months, years, days, & hours.

"Am I ready?"
"Are we ready?"
"What if..?"

Trust.

xox
    Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment