Thursday, March 14, 2013

26 weeks.

Last week of the second trimester! 

Still no maternity clothes.. But I think this is also the last week of getting away with that! I'll at least have to start wearing a belly band if I want to button my pants. I will be sad to leave this trimester... it was a breeze. I have never felt better in my life! Now I look forward to swelling, weight gain, stretch marks and extreme fatigue among other not-so-great things. However, I do get closer to meeting our daughter.

We're going to have a daughter. How weird. How GREAT!

No real news this week on the pregnancy front. 
She kicks, I eat - the usual.

BUT we are finally starting to put the nursery together! Her room is 100% under construction right now. We have to put curtains up, get a dresser/changing table/hang stuff/etc etc etc. but it's nice to have a start... even though we have a loooong way to go in the next 90 (probably more like 75) days.

My grandparent's bought us our Pack N Play - which we adore - and we set that up. We were getting anxious and wanted to put something together. It's temporarily in her nursery. When she's brand new, she'll sleep in the Pack N Play's bassinet in our room. When we move her to her crib, we'll move the PNP to the living room. I won't lie, Rob put it together 90% by himself.. What a guy! That's why there's only a pic of him opening the box, and one of the finished product :) I was busy talking on the phone, of course.


VOILA! Thanks G&G!

Speaking of cribs, we put that together, too! My Dad and Step mom were so kind to get a nice new crib for Ro. I actually did help with this project ... I read the instructions while he did the manual labor! ha! I love the white for a girl (I love white furniture in general). It's a 4-in-1 convertible crib which means it converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full-size headboard, so she can use it til she needs a young adult bed. We thought it would be a good investment. And, it is JPMA, ASTM and CPSC safety certified! :) 

It's not fancy, but neither are we. It's simple, nice, classic, and we love it!



Isn't her room bleak? Like I said, work in progress..

TA DA!!! Thanks D&T! <3

Cravings: Hmmm

Nothing really stands out this week. I'm back on PB&Js late at night... so let's go with that.

Misses: PBR

Yeah, I know it's redneck. I had a sip of Rob's tonight and it was SO yum! 

We usually have quality beer in the house (Newcastle, Guinness, Sam Adams, etc) but I put Rob on a "Beer Budget" this month as a challenge... he had $5 left so he went for the Blue Ribbon. It was right next to the Miller Chill... I am SO excited for summer!

We are looking forward to this weekend! First, our Baby Shower thrown by our awesome families - then
  SAINT PADDY'S DAY! 

yes, I spelled that right. look it up.

In other news, for my fellow Catholics, HABEMUS PAPUM!
Saint Peter's 266th successor.
Wasn't it nice of Pope Francis I to choose his Pope name after my sweet, unborn daughter, Rowan FRANCES?! We're SO ahead of the times here ;)

In all seriousness, I could not be happier with my Church's selection of world leader. It doesn't even bother me too much that he is a Jesuit. I feel a movement in the Church coming on and it gives me chills. I was lucky to have JP2 as reigning Pope when I was born, and Rowan will have a rock star Pope when she is born, too! A true servant to the Lord. Not an ounce of entitlement or need to flex his world power. What a great leader, to lead by example and provide a lesson of humility and grace to the increasingly corrupt world.

"Francis, reform my Church"



God Bless Pope Francis!


xox
    Riley

P.S. Happy Pi Day! 3/14

No comments:

Post a Comment