Wednesday, March 13, 2013

One Man's Trash...

... is another cheapskate's new console table!

I have a new fascination with furniture thrifting. You could say it's my new hobby.

When we were leaving for a walk last week we found this ugly, wooden, wheeled, shelf table thing at the dumpster near our apartment. No, it wasn't inside the dumpster, it was beside it.. And it had only been sitting there like 30 minutes because it wasn't there when I got home. I had Rob take it back to our place where I cleaned and sanitized it.

I wanted to paint it and fix it up to look like this (found on Pinterest): 


I just LOVE this fancy, metallic look! We went to Lowe's and we could only find silver metallic spray paint for $6. 
We (Rob) gave it a try -- It looked like it was from outer space. SO not chic.



OK. NO.

I had some aqua spray paint with my craft supplies from a while ago I'd been saving. I've been wanting to thrift a desk and paint it light blue.. inspired by these pins from Pinterest:



We (Rob) went back out to paint the next day! And... 





We LOVE IT! 
Just the amount of color our living space needed. I love my neutrals so this was a big step for me.

Can't really beat it, for ten bucks. I can't wait to find more junk to fix up! Ha!

xox
    Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment