Tuesday, February 5, 2013

21 weeks.

Our baby girl turned the BIG 2.1. this week! 
21 weeks, that is. 

We can't believe we're over halfway there. We get more excited everyday at thought of meeting this little person. I've noticed Rob want to talk about her more often, and always with a big smile on his face :) I just know he's going to be the world's BEST dad! I picked out this onesie (pictured below) from Gymboree the other day and it's literally his favorite thing... ever.


I am actually starting to show... a little. Still looking a little like a beer belly but hoping it will morph into a cute little baby bump SOON! I've noticed more people at work glancing at my stomach; probably wondering if I'm pregnant or just a couch potato. Don't worry folks! That's a baby! The books say she is as big as a spaghetti squash this week and weighing in at a whopping 1 POUND! 

Speaking of weighing in: up to my last OB appointment a few days ago, the scale says that I haven't gained any weight yet (And the scale don't lie, right?!). In fact, I've lost five pounds since my first appointment, right after I took five a few positive pregnancy tests. I have been working out more lately, trying to keep the weight gain restricted to areas I can hide in a bridesmaid dress because I am in not one, but TWO weddings in my 8th and 9th months of pregnancy. I guess my appetite wasn't so great the first trimester, but in the last week or so I've been feeling pretty ravenous... so I'm expecting a few extra pounds at my next appointment..

In other news, I finally felt some baby movement in my belly last night! I was lying in bed checking my email one last time before calling it a night and all the sudden I felt a little "flutter". At first I wasn't sure if that was it... then it happened again! It was not as freaky as I thought it would be; The moment really took my breath away. It's nice to know she's really in there, not just a big ole spaghetti squash.

Cravings: Peanut Butter, Fried Eggs, Cheese, Grapes, Chocolate Covered Almonds, Pringles

I still have to try a peanut butter and fried egg sandwich.. I'll let you know how that goes.

Misses: Brie Cheese & Red Wine

I really really really want baked brie with honey and glass of Pinot Noir. I didn't even really care too much for red wine before.. now it's on my brain 24/7. Only about 19 more weeks!

xox
    Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment