Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Registering for Rowan

It's no secret I wish I could make a living out of shopping. Seriously, how does one become a secret shopper? Sign me up.

But what's better than shopping?! REGISTERING.

Oooh, yeah! I love it. I am an expert. Not on baby registries - yet - but in my YEARS of being engaged I was pretty prepared for registering for our wedding. Luckily, our work was cut out for us with me just graduating from undergrad and Rob moving down to Virginia to find a nest for us - we really needed everything. Well, most things; We were blessed to have some nice items handed down to us from our families. (thanks, guys!)

I love doing research on customer forums for products and official consumer reports to see what's good and what disappoints.  We usually never buy anything less rating less than 4 stars. Why spend the cash if it ain't gonna last? We still manage our wedding registries whenever we buy off it or think of something else we could use. (Our Bed Bath & Beyond registry is good til our SECOND anniversary! Pottery Barn is good til our first).

Anyways, Target was actually rated the #1 one stop chain store for a baby registry. I know what you're thinking "They have like 4 half-aisles of baby stuff". True. BUT they have WAY more stuff ONLINE. Seriously, I had no idea Target carried Itzy Ritzy... but I am stoked they do! I am always managing our registries online, it's SO convenient. So we registered for most of our baby essentials/needs there.

I also came across this thing called BabyList. It is kind of like Pinterest for registries! You can register for things from ANY ONLINE STORE. You can also ask for favors: home cooked meals, diapering service, somebody to walk your dog, and those sorts of things. We used it a lot to register for items from Amazon that were a better deal than Target was offering or didn't offer at all. We also put some cute baby girl items on from Etsy, Land of Nod, Carter's, Ikea, Diapers.com, Bed Bath & Beyond, The Honest Company, and gift cards to our favorite places in case we forgot to register for something important. Highly recommend.

We'll let you know how these registries worked out!

xox
    Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment