Monday, February 11, 2013

Busy Bees

We had another busy weekend! I kind of love busy weekends ... I feel very alive and productive! But, believe me, we still love our lazy weekends too :)

 Saturday we got up early to get our taxes done. It was a processs... but we are looking forward to our refund! Cha Ching! I am so glad we went to somebody who knew what they were doing. He was able to find all kinds of deductions for us! Last year was my first year doing my own taxes and I did it with some turbo-tax online thing the first week of April. I had no idea what I was doing... and it's not even like it was totally complicated.. I just felt so out of my comfort zone. Then we cleaned the whole apartment top to bottom, laundry, dishes, blah blah blah. That night, we got to watch our favorite kids while their mom and dad went out on their Valentine's date. They have a five year old, 3 year old, 20 month old, and identical twin 3 month olds. Grand total of FIVE kids five and under. It's such beautiful chaos. And they're all SO cute!

Rob came to help babysit. This is one of the precious newborn twins!
Sunday we woke up early (again) to help out at the preschool pancake breakfast fundraiser. Rob is such a good sport... they put him right to work flippin' pancakes! They even had him wear a chef's hat (HA!). We then came home, took a rest, and baked six dozen cookies.


SIX DOZEN. Yeah. I wanted to bake cookies and send them out to our Valentines in Ohio & Indiana.. but I think we'll probably just send cards instead because these get reallllly messy. We made Peanut Butter and Jelly cookies and Peanut Butter Blossoms (with hearts instead of kisses). The PB&Js were not as good as I had imagined. But the Blossoms were pretty flippin' good. We used Reese's Hearts for an extra punch of Peanut Butter (can you tell who picked out the recipes? hint: the pregnant lady).


Also, I got word today that we will be receiving the rest of our wedding photos within the next 24 hours!
Stay tuned! Can't wait to share them with you :)

xox
    Riley


No comments:

Post a Comment