Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, loved ones! 

Today Rob and & I celebrate our 5th Valentine's Day together. FIRST one as a married couple and LAST one just the two of us. We usually just exchange little gifts and go out to dinner. But this time, being our last V Day just the two of us, I wanted it to be extra special.

This year I really wanted Rob to feel the love! Things have been a little mundane lately; we've been in kind of a rut with the cold, windy weather and just hanging around the apartment. We haven't even been eating dinner at the table, we've been out in the living room watching the news like we're 80 years old. Time to break that habit! It's nice not to have to put on a show, but we needed to mix things up!

How was today different? For starters, I wore real clothes! Not leggings and over-sized shirt like most days. I also cooked dinner! I wouldn't really call what we do 'cooking' most days... I call it "putting stuff together'. We get by. haha! I made my first REAL from SCRATCH Chicken Parmesan. I used Tyler Florence's recipe I found online here. I took a shortcut or two but for the most part followed it to the nines. I also wanted to do some kind of nice surprise for him... so I got five balloons representing the 5(ish) years we've been together and put them in our bedroom for him to discover when he came home. I had some extra foam hearts from school and wrote the years on them and put them with the balloons. Then I put his gifts (dark knight rises and some snacks) under the balloons and it looked a little something like this:


 So when he came home I was 1) dressed in real clothes 2) cooking his favorite meal 3) playing Frank Sinatra, one of his favorites 4) He felt the love with his simple surprise!
Do I appear domestic yet? ;) We are a laid back couple so this was a big deal.

Then he gave me the sweetest card, my favorite flowers - yellow roses, & candy! And we ate dinner .. at our table :)




Yum, right?
Then we both got another surprise... A Valentine's care package from Rob's parents! They spoiled us, yet again. Even Baby Girl got a little gift :) Thanks, D & T! <3


Now we're watching The Dark Knight Rises in our jammies because we ate waaayyyy toooo much. But anticipating some chocolate cake a little later on.

It wasn't fancy or overdone... just a nice evening celebrating the years we've spent together and the many years to come :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!




xox
    Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment