Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Supper

Okay dinner was so good I had to share. These enchiladas were SO easy and SO yummy!

Creamy Spinach Enchiladas
Real Simple's Image

I found this recipe for Real Simple's Creamy Chicken Enchiladas on Pinterest this morning before leaving for the grocery store. I haven't made enchiladas in a long time so I thought it would be good to mix it up for dinner tonight and try out a new recipe. I especially liked it because I didn't have to deal with any raw meat (yuck!) this time around and we could all use a few extra veggies in our diets. I usually make these, which are GREAT but I am not too keen on handling uncooked chicken these days so I avoid it when possible.

It took Rob and I about 8 minutes to get everything together and about 30 minutes in the oven.  I used mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar and substituted half & half for heavy cream to try and spare a few calories. They did not turn out as creamy as I had anticipated so just go for the heavy cream when you try it out. I also added a little bit of ancho chili powder in the cream sauce for a little heat. These had great flavor, although I will probably add some minced garlic and chopped onion to the filling next time... And there will be a next time!

Enjoy :)

Oh, and we didn't make the red cabbage side dish. No, thank you.
xox
    Riley & Rob

UPDATE: these are WAY yummy the next day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment